Huang qi (Astragalus) is well known in China and one of the most important herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its name,”Huang qi” means “yellow leader” it is a long yellow tap root and is deservedly popular because it helps the body in a variety of ways. This adaptogenic herb stimulates the immune system and fights disease at the same time.
Benefits of this amazing herb include:
- Huang qi is probably best known for it’s ability to boost immunity
- It is often used to treat the common cold and upper respiratory infections.
- Strengthens the body during periods of immune deficiency and can help alleviate some symptoms of chemotherapy
- Helps prevent colds, allergies and the flu
- It also fights bacteria, viruses, and inflammation
- Protects the liver, acts as a diuretic and benefits digestive functions
- Treats disorders of the skin from burns to carbuncles
- Huang qi is used in the treatment of hepatitis, chronic colitis, cardiovascular diseases and viral conditions.
Finally, Astragalus can be used to promote the functions of several other herbs, such as Dan Shen (Salvia) and Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis root).