Looking for something to support your immune system during these stressful times? Astragalus is an adaptogenic herb which has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine to stimulate the immune system and fight disease.
Huang qi (Astragalus) is well known in China and one of the most important herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its name,”Huang qi” means “yellow leader” it is a long yellow tap root and is deservedly popular because it helps the body in a variety of ways.
Potential benefits of this amazing herb include:
- Huang qi is probably best known for it’s ability to boost immunity
- It is often used in Chinese Medicine to treat the common cold and upper respiratory infections.
- Strengthens the body during periods of immune deficiency and can help alleviate some symptoms of chemotherapy
- May help prevent colds, allergies and the flu
- It also fights bacteria, viruses, and inflammation
- Protects the liver, acts as a diuretic and benefits digestive functions
- Treats disorders of the skin from burns to carbuncles
- Huang qi is used in the treatment of hepatitis, chronic colitis, cardiovascular diseases and viral conditions.
Astragalus can be used by itself or in combination with other herbs. It is commonly found in immune boosting formulas and is also used to promote the functions of several other herbs, such as Dan Shen (Salvia) and Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis root).