After Care Instructions – Micro Needling
- Expect redness for 8-24 hours
- Apply your take home serums nightly until they are used up
- If redness or irritation occurs, apply pure Aloe Vera. It is a very soothing topical
- Skip exercise for 24 hours
- Sweat can irritate the skin
- Avoid the sun
- Wear an extra layer of mineral sunscreen during the week following your treatment
- Eliminate make-up and foundation for 24 hours after your treatment
- Use Hyaluronic Acid
- Apply when your skin gets dry and before bed
- Use your personal serums every night until they are finished
- Avoid facial soap or face wash for 24 hours
- Rinse your face with warm water instead
You can return to your regular skin care routine the day after your treatment.
Few facts to know about your treatment:
- Facial products will be absorbed more easily after the treatment
- The results take about two – four weeks to become obvious (healing takes time)
- It is wise to wait 3-4 weeks in between Micro Needling treatments to observe your skin’s response. This allows time for your skin to heal and regenerate.
- Nano Needling treatments can be done weekly between Micro Needling appointments to speed up the results
Do NOT have a Micro Needling treatment when:
- You have active acne
- You are pregnant – Nano Needling is fine, but take extra care about the products you use. Consult your practitioner
- You have local infections, such as warts
- You have moderate to severe chronic skin disease – eczema or psoriasis
- You have blood dyscrasias and take anticoagulant therapy
- You have an extreme keloidal tendency
- You are having chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatments
Hyaluronic Acid is the base for serums. HA is a substance found naturally in the skin and helps to hold moisture in the cells and hydrate the skin. I pair Hyaluronic acid with other serums to best address your skin concerns. Different compositions are created depending on your skin condition.
These are some of the selected holistic serums that may be added to your treatment in a specially formulated mask or serum.
APSTEM – Cell Builder
Promotes the reproduction of facial stem cells.
Lumos – Age Spot Remover
Clears pigmentation, age spots and melasma from the skin and balances the skin tone.
Oculus – For Eye Puffiness
Clears fluid build-up around the eyes – gets rid of dark circles and eye puffiness.
Senescene65+ – For Mature Skin
Helps cells regain their ability to grow and divide. Great for mature or thin skin.
Elastin FL+ – For Acne Prone or Greasy Skin
A natural collagen and elastin builder which is great for damp, acne prone skin. Also good for greasy and older, thinning skin.
Rejuv Xue Cao – Repair & Aftercare
Helps speed up facial repair process post micro needling.
CollagenXG+ – Collagen Builder
A natural collagen and elastin builder that promotes firmer skin and boosts the production of collagen.